Saturday, May 7, 2011

Being a Hulu-ist

I am a Hulu-holic.  Yes.  And anyone else who watches too much TV is a pop culture enthusiast should be too.  If I ever meet the people who created this website I will give them my kidneys.  Both of them.  As someone whose tastes in entertainment cross into many varieties of genres, I, naturally, have an unhealthy addiction thriving enthusiasm for this ingenious invention.  For those of you who have yet to discover the Elysian fields of great entertainment, please make your way to hulu.com and prepare for your eyes to be opened.

Thanks to hulu’s expansive and diverse library as well as its uncanny ability to suggest shows I may like based on my viewing history, I have been continuing to expand my television horizons.  Hulu has facilitated in the introduction of such shows as It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 30 Rock, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (all fantastic shows in their own respective right).  Had hulu never suggested those shows to me, I’m not sure if my life would be the same.

But the whole point I am trying to make is this: I have continually put my undying faith in hulu’s ability to deliver exactly what would interest me and it has not failed me yet.  Case in point: while I have been dutifully studying Korean, hulu has been quietly amassing a small collection of top notch Korean dramas for its viewers to enjoy.  Yes, you heard me right.  Korean dramas.  This was a key play in securing my loyalty to hulu.  Not being one to pass up an opportunity for cultural enrichment, I began my browsing in earnest.  I selected Secret Garden; a drama described as a “fantasy, romantic comedy.”  Currently three episodes in: while I haven’t exactly figured out where the fantasy part comes from, the “romantic comedy” part is clever enough that I may continue watching.  To be totally honest, I am mainly going to keep watching because Gil Ra Im is basically kind of a bad-ass and Kim Joo Won’s sequined tracksuit is all levels of hilarity.  Intrigued?  Check it out:


As I currently have more downtime than before, I may be able to devote more time to my language learning pursuits, or spending more time at the gym, or becoming an expert in economic stimulation with a focus in retail……..or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment